Please visit the How to Apply page. Applications are not considered submitted until all tasks are marked as complete and have a green check mark, and the application has been submitted.
- Applicant Information
- Program Selection
- Davidson Program Experience
- School Information
- Students with a current IEP/Section 504 plan will be required to upload the document to the application.
- Extracurricular, Personal, and Volunteer Activities
- Reports and Records
- Math Placement Test (Full-Time applicants only)
- Qualifying Testing Scores
- Recommender Forms
- All required recommenders must fill in and sign the recommender forms. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all recommender forms are complete.
- Each recommender must be a different person and cannot be used for multiple recommender forms
- Application & Assessment Fee
- Davidson Academy Online has a $100 application and assessment fee for out-of-state applicants.
- Early Action: applications completed and submitted by Octobter 20, 2023 will have a discounted application & assessment fee of $50.
- There is no application fee for Nevada residents.
- Proof of Residency
- Nevada residents must submit a Nevada Real ID to show proof of residency.
- Parent Section (must be completed by a Parent/Guardian collaborator account)
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Parent Questions
- Parent Agreement Forms
The academic readiness assessment is an exceptionally important part of the application process. It helps the admissions team determine whether Davidson Academy Online will be a good fit for the applicant.
- The assessment is based on Davidson Academy Online curriculum and takes place over two consecutive days.
- Applicants complete a variety of tasks including:
- Objective exams
- Live class and discussion
- Writing an essay
For more detailed information please see the Assessment page.
Once an assessment has been completed, the admissions team reviews the application holistically, evaluating the applicant in the following areas:
- Academic ability as demonstrated in coursework, recommendations, and the academic readiness assessment.
- Affective traits as demonstrated in recommendations, parent questions, and the academic readiness assessment.
- Aptitude as demonstrated in extracurricular activities, recommendations, parent questions, and the academic readiness assessment.
In the final review, the admissions team is trying to determine if the applicant is ready for and also wants the challenge of a Davidson Academy Online education.
If accepted, a student will receive an acceptance email that includes an Intent to Enroll form. This form needs to be completed by the deadline included in order to hold a space for the upcoming school year. Depending on the student, additional information may be requested for ability grouping and placement purposes.
Accepted Students and their families will be invited to an Accepted Families Night, in order to provide more information before official enrollment in the summer. Additional Parent Orientations that expand on different topics will be offered throughout the summer, prior to the start of the school year.
A Summer Retreat is held at the University of Nevada, Reno to give new and returning students an opportunity build community and bonds before the school year. Student orientation, First Year Seminar, will be held two weeks before start of fall term and all newly accepted students must be available at this time. More information regarding these events and more can be found on our Summer Activities page.
Please note that Davidson Academy Online students must have a physical address and reside in the United States or Canada prior to the start of classes.