Please visit the How to Apply
page. The application will not be considered complete without all the required application materials, as well as the following submitted forms and fees:
- Applicant information
- Program Selection
- Davidson Program Experience
- School Information
- Extracurricular, Personal, and Volunteer Activities
- Reports and Records
- Math Placement Test (Full-Time applicants only)
- Qualifying Testing Scores
- If an applicant is registered for an accepted testing score in February or early March, you may submit the Testing Registration in place of the testing score to complete the application by February 28, 2023. An additional application task will appear and allow you to upload test score by March 31, 2023 for the application to be considered complete and ready for review.
- Recommender Forms
- All required recommenders must fill in and sign the recommender forms. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all recommender forms are complete.
- Each recommender must be a different person and cannot be used for multiple recommender forms
- Parent Section (Must be completed by a Parent)
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Parent Questions (Must be completed by a Parent/Guardian)
- Parent Agreement Forms
- Application & Assessment Fee
- Davidson Academy Online has a $100 application and assessment fee for out-of-state applicants. There is no application fee for Nevada residents.
- Proof of Residency
- Nevada residents must submit a Nevada Real ID to show proof of residency.
The academic readiness assessment is an exceptionally important part of the application process. It helps the admissions team determine whether Davidson Academy Online will be a good fit for the applicant.
- The assessment is based on Davidson Academy Online curriculum and takes place over two consecutive days.
- Applicants complete a variety of tasks including:
- Objective exams
- Live class and discussion
- Writing an essay
For more detailed information please see the Assessment page.
Once an assessment has been completed, the admissions team reviews the application holistically, evaluating the applicant in the following areas:
- Academic ability as demonstrated in coursework, recommendations, and the academic readiness assessment.
- Affective traits as demonstrated in recommendations, parent questions, and the academic readiness assessment.
- Aptitude as demonstrated in extracurricular activities, recommendations, parent questions, and the academic readiness assessment.
In the final review, the admissions team is trying to determine if the applicant is ready for and also wants the challenge of a Davidson Academy Online education.
Admission decision letters will be emailed four weeks after the close of an assessment window. Every attempt will be made to maintain this review schedule; however, to ensure fair and careful consideration of all applications, it may be necessary to extend a notification date.
If accepted, a student will receive an acceptance email that includes an Intent to Enroll form. This form needs to be completed by the deadline included in order to hold a space for the upcoming school year. Depending on the student, additional information may be requested for ability grouping and placement purposes.
Accepted Students and their families will be invited to an Accepted Families Night, in order to provide more information before official enrollment in the summer. Additional Parent Orientations that expand on different topics will be offered throughout the summer, prior to the start of the school year.
A Summer Retreat is held at the University of Nevada, Reno to give new and returning students an opportunity build community and bonds before the school year. Student orientation, First Year Seminar, will be held two weeks before start of fall term and all newly accepted students must be available at this time. More information regarding these events and more can be found on our Summer Activities page.
Please note that Davidson Academy Online students must have a physical address and reside in the United States or Canada prior to the start of classes.