Online Single Courses for Gifted Students
Davidson Academy Online offers online gifted English and math courses for single-course enrollment.
Single Course Information and Offerings
- Single courses start with the English and math courses listed. Returning single-course students in good academic standing will be able to progress through the English or math curriculum without having to re-apply.
- Single-course students access the same course curriculum and have the same workload expectations as full-time students.
- Single courses run for the full academic year, currently the end of August through mid-May.
- Students earn credit for single courses through Davidson Academy Online.
There are two courses available. Students should be working at a ninth-grade level at the time of assessment.
There is one math course available. Students should have mastery of Algebra I content at the time of assessment.
Single Course Class Structure & Teaching Methods
Davidson Academy Online instructors teach single-course students along with full-time students in the same classes. Core courses typically meet twice a week for 90-minute live, synchronous sessions.
Our teaching methods and courses focus on critical thinking skills and have sincere regard for the unique needs of individual learners in a dynamic online environment.
How to Apply for Single Courses
The 2023-2024 application is open until February 28, 2023.
The steps to applying for single-course enrollment are similar to applying for full-time. Walk through the step-by-step instructions for how to apply to the Davidson Academy Online’s single-course enrollment.
Single Course Eligibility Criteria
For more information, please review our eligibility information.
Submit qualifying test scores–in the subject area of application–from our list of accepted tests (click for more information).
Students must reside in the U.S. or Canada. Due to our intense live session schedule, students outside of time zones covered by the US are at a disadvantage.
Exhibit an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in English or math that meets placement requirements for Davidson Academy Online curriculum.
Demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an intensely accelerated educational environment. This is measured through our interactions with the students in the assessment live sessions and student interviews, as well as the student’s ability to work through the assessment Canvas course independently.
Be committed to actively participating in an online educational environment with a synchronous component. We strongly recommend that applicants have experience with synchronous online learning.
Accredited Online Academy for Gifted Students
Ongoing accreditation is a testament to Davidson Academy Online's mission to provide profoundly gifted young people with an advanced educational opportunity matched to their abilities, strengths, and interests.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for Davidson Academy Online single courses is free with proof of Nevada residency in the form of a Nevada Real ID.
Tuition is $3,500 per single course.
Financial assistance available for Young Scholars.
Fees and Other Expenses
These apply to all students, regardless of state of residence.
- One-time $60 University of Nevada, Reno fee
- The cost of all required textbooks
- Students will need a computer with a web camera and microphone. We require a desktop or laptop with a robust Internet connection for most coursework, as our live sessions use audio and video streaming.
To explore what’s offered in our full-time curriculum, please check out our courses.