The Davidson Academy Online team periodically hosts webinars to share best practices in online learning. These webinars are open to educators and parents and are one of the ways that we give back to the larger community of online and gifted education. While our online practices have been honed over years of research and implementation, we believe that attendees will be able to learn something valuable, regardless of their comfort level with technology. Additionally, while our curriculum is specifically designed for profoundly gifted students, our pedagogical practices are effective with all learners and in all classrooms.
The following webinars took place in summer 2020. An upcoming webinar series will be available in the near future. Please see video clips from the webinar series below.
- June 1, 2020; 1pm PT – Anyone? Anyone? Challenges of Teaching Math Online (Albert T. Lee & Arthur Pascual)
- June 8, 2020; 1pm PT – Teaching Humanities Online (Tracy Sangster, Carly Ghantous & Jessica Potts, PhD)
- June 15, 2020; 1:30pm PT – Supporting Social and Emotional Learning in Online Formats (Stacy Hawthorne, EdD, Erica Shumaker, & Jessica Potts, PhD)
- June 22, 2020; 1pm PT – Oral Assessment in Online World Language Classroom (Andrea Linardi de Minten & Yunxin Zhang)
- July 6, 2020; 1pm PT – Empowering Student-Led Learning with Online Tutoring Centers (Tracy Sangster & Arthur Pascual)
- July 13, 2020; 1pm PT – Labs in the Online Environment: Options that Work and Tips for Successful Implementation (Beth Verano & Christina Taylor)
- July 20, 2020; 1:30pm PT – Fostering Executive Functioning Skills in Online Learning (Erica Shumaker & Christi Hines-Coates)
View Davidson Academy Online Instructors & Staff.
See also the Davidson Academy Online Videos page.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.